By Richard M. . Fox
Read or Download A Monograph of the Ithomiidae Lepidoptera Volume 111: Article 1, Volume 111, Issue 1 PDF
Similar graphic arts books
The learn of biography has constantly held an incredible, if no longer explicitly said, position in class curricula. The absence in colleges of a category particularly dedicated to learning the lives of the giants of human historical past belies the focal point so much classes have continually had on humans. From precedent days to the current, the area has been formed by means of the selections, philosophies, innovations, discoveries, creative creations, clinical breakthroughs, and written works of its myriad personalities.
The publication indicates how the hot observations from satellites required advances in thought and inspired societal decision-making. Chapters have a overview with an in depth reference record, making the ebook a superb resource of knowledge for organic and actual oceanographers and atmospheric scientists.
This is often the 1st particular catalogue that has been released of the Museums American work. as a result dimension of the gathering, in simple terms oil work by means of artists born by way of 1875—about part the collection—are integrated. runs 3 volumes the current quantity includes the paintings of painters born by way of 1815.
- The Oceanic Thermohaline Circulation: An Introduction (Atmospheric and Oceanographic Sciences Library, 39)
- Ajanta: The Colour & Monochrome Reproductions of the Ajanta Frescoes, based on photography. Explanatory Text
- Barberry: A Medical Dictionary, Bibliography, And Annotated Research Guide To Internet References
- Zoogeography of Bulgaria Bibliography: Scroll 1 (Pensoft Series Faunistica)
- Gonadotropin - A Medical Dictionary, Bibliography, and Annotated Research Guide to Internet References
- Gesture Drawing for Animation
Additional info for A Monograph of the Ithomiidae Lepidoptera Volume 111: Article 1, Volume 111, Issue 1
132. The type should be in the British Museum (Natural History), but Riley and Gabriel did not mention it in their catalogue. Srnka founded his name on the Hewiston figure, the original of which was in the Hewiston collection. One male has been examined from American collections. GENUS OLYRAS DOUBLEDAY Olyras DOUBLEDAY, 1847 (1846-1852), p. 107. Type: Olyras crathis Doubleday and Hewitson, by monotypy. KIRBY, 1871, pp. 19, 640. SCUDDER, 1875, p. 232. GODMAN AND SALVIN, 1879 (18791901), p. 7. STAUDINGER, 1885 (1884-1888), p.
SCHATZ, 1886 (1885-1892), pp. 87, 89. HAASE, 1893, p. 51. HAENSCH AND THIEME, 1899, p. (12). HAENSCH, 1909, p. 117. D'ALMEIDA, 1923, p. 233. BRYK, 1937b, pp. 452-453. Fox, 1940, pp. 165, 170, 173, 176. FORBES, 1941, pp. 2, 3. D'ALMEIDA, 1942, p. 192. Fox, 1949, p. 11. Doubleday's generic diagnosis was complete and to the point. A remarkable historical homogeneity characterizes the literature, and Olyras never has been the center of any confusion. The first joint of the palpus (fig. 46) is closely appressed to the head, deeply curved.
Athyrtis is monotypic and includes three rather variable populations. The first named form, A. m. mechanitis, is found in Colombia (fig. 60); the normal variation in which the The Athyrtis subspecies appear to be common nowhere and to be distributed in small segregated islands of populations. The genitalic structure of the males, as well as the pattern elements, is primitive. This appears to be another relict genus. It is not closely allied to any other living genus, although the pattern of Mechanitis and the genitalia of Xanthocleis show similarities.
A Monograph of the Ithomiidae Lepidoptera Volume 111: Article 1, Volume 111, Issue 1 by Richard M. . Fox